Tegnatia EPC Solutions is a well-established solar EPC contractor looking for a Senior Solar Design Engineer to join our Engineering Department located at our office in Istanbul, Turkey.
We are looking for result-oriented candidates with a passion in the renewable energy industry. Senior Solar Design Engineer will communicate with customers, sales reps, site surveyors, structural engineers and operation team members to identify all necessary details of a projects plan set effectively and in a professional manner.
– The Solar Design Engineer will provide design engineering support throughout the proposal and design phase of the project.
– Design Solar PV systems, including single line diagrams, array layouts, fence layout, road layout. Layouts to be performed in AutoCAD.
– Establish Solar PV basis of design including module selection, string sizing, ground coverage ratio, inverter selection, inverter power factor requirements, inverter loading ratio, and cable sizing.
– Perform energy performance modelling using PVSyst software.
– Assess site conditions and anticipate issues that may arise during construction. Demonstrate structural, mechanical, and electrical design skills, ability to generate accurate, highly-detailed construction drawings.
– Use Excel spreadsheets and calculations to size Solar PV systems.
– Research and test new technologies with team members in order to achieve greater efficiency.
– Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices when analyzing current technical tools.
– Read technical articles and attend Solar PV training to keep up with the latest products, design techniques, and construction strategies.
– Must possess minimum Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering. (Master’s degree may be preferred.)
– 3+ years of experience in utility- scale solar PV system design
– Must be proficient in AutoCAD and related Autodesk software.
– Must be proficient in PVSyst and related solar performance modeling software.
– Demonstrated electrical, structural and mechanical design skills, and the ability to generate accurate, highly-detailed construction drawings.
– Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate in a positive manner with project managers, and engineering team members.
– Good problem solving and critical thinking abilities and a proactive work ethic.
– Knowledge of IEC codes and Turkish regulations
For apply, click here.